The Institut Bergonié is the Comprehensive Cancer Centre of the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region.
We offer dedicated inpatient and outpatient cancer treatment including radiotherapy and chemotherapy as well as a number of related support services.
As a non-profit private hospital dedicated to public service, we have a three-fold mission: patient care, research and oncology education.
We are a part of UNICANCER, a national hospital network of 20 French Comprehensive Cancer Centres (FCCC) which are entirely devoted to fighting cancer with the same unique model for patient care.
Together with our partner Bordeaux University Hospital Centre (CHU), we are the regional reference centre for oncology in Nouvelle-Aquitaine.
We provide care for adult patients with the following types of cancer:
- Blood, including haematological disorders such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma
- Brain, such as malignant brain tumours
- ENT (ear, nose and throat) – larynx (voice box), nasal cavity and sinuses, pharynx, mouth
- Gastro-intestinal – bile ducts, bowel, colon, liver, oesophagus, pancreas, rectum, stomach
- Gynaecological – fallopian tube, ovaries, uterus (including womb / endometrial cancer, cervical cancer, gestational trophoblastic tumours, sarcoma), vagina, vulva
- “Hard-tissue” sarcomas – muscles, blood vessels, fat tissues
- “Soft tissue” sarcomas – bone (osteosarcoma), cartilage
- Urological – bladder, kidney, penis, prostate, testicle
For more information about us, please have a look at this booklet (in English).
Useful tips when contacting us or planning a visit
Check out our English-French glossary of terms – both medical and non-medical – you may need when contacting us by phone and interacting with our medical staff during consultations or stays in hospital for treatment.
Phone contact details
Should you need to arrange a medical appointment please call the main reception on 05.56.33.33.33 and specify the name of the doctor you wish to see or the type of cancer you are seeking help for.
Maps & directions
How to find us
The Institut Bergonié is located in Bordeaux at the following address:
229 Cours de l’Argonne, 33000 Bordeaux.
Situated between the “Barrière Saint-Genès” on the boulevards ring road surrounding Bordeaux and “Place de la Victoire” in the city centre.
Free parking is available on site.
By public transport
Tram B, BERGONIE station. Plus a short 2-minute walk further down Cours de l’Argonne.
- Line “Liane” 9 stops at “Barrière Saint-Genès” station on Boulevard George V: plus a 6-minute walk.
- Line “Liane” 26 :
- From Quai de Brienne to Quinconces, stops at “Bergonié” station. Plus a 2-minute walk;
- From Quinconces to Quai de Brienne, stops at “Barrière Saint-Genès” station on Boulevard George V. Plus a 6-minute walk.
To plan your journey by bus or by tram you can visit the TBM travel planner (website in English).